Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ken Marsden Art

Bad, Bad Corn
You can read my Artist Statement about this painting at my web site, www.kenmarsden.com. The thought I had today about painting was prompted by this painting I did some time ago. Recently I have seen a number of Internet writings talking about how the discipline of doing a painting a day will keep you painting and therefore be beneficial to your creativity. So you plop down at your easel or drawing board in your studio and--paint what? I guess those practicing this notion would say "It doesn't matter." I think it does matter what you paint. My practice is
to put the emphasis on finding an inspiring subject. When I find an inspiring subject everything takes care of itself. The urge to paint is there naturally and I have no need to force myself to crank out some work.

Ken

No comments: