Friday, October 19, 2012

"Pike River 2012"    ...a watercolor painting done at my last plein air session with Water's Edge Artists.  I find that since I have been doing these outdoor paintings again that I often need a lot of "touch up" later in the studio. This one is no exception.

On a different subject: I had a very pleasant evening last night at the East Ludington Gallery in Escanaba, MI.  We hosted a group of high scool students and teachers who visit various places and businesses so that the kids can experirence  first hand alternative career choices.  We showed them work and told of our experiences in art-both the good and the bad.  The kids seemed really interested and I found working with them very satisfying.

My next scheduled work day at the gallery (10:00 to 5:00) is Tuesday, October 23, 2012.  As usual, I will be doing a painting using source material I have collected over the years.  It's a good opportunity to get a free lesson, occasionally interupted by a customer purchase or question.

No comments: