Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ken Marsden Art

"Hard Life-10" I must have painted this scene 10 times but I didn't count.

Today, sitting in church(before the service started) my mind was triggered by the individual pieces of glass in a stained glass window. I don't know the connection but I next thought about painting a maple leaf in autumn colors. I realized it would be impossible to get it exact. Later as the service progressed and the pastor preached it occurred to me that we can accept what we do not understand. Somehow this all got connected after I got home and embarked on some art project. So--I can accept absract art 'though I do not understand it. What gets me is the number of people who look at an abstract piece and proclaim they do understand it .

Perhaps it's a matter of intellect. I never claimed to be at the top of that list. So, I go on painting cows, etc., which I continue to portray in a manner not quite exact but far from what anyone would call abstract.


Ken

No comments: